Saturday, May 19, 2018

Ioffe buried in scorn

Ioffe tried to walk back her tweet by calling Schlossberg “a vicious racist who deserves to be pilloried,” but the Soviet-born reporter said as a “refugee from a totalitarian country” she was unsettled about angry mobs.

That didn’t seem to help.

- ‘I like attorneys who aren’t racist’: Reporter buried in scorn for defending racist NYC lawyer bro
тут к месту поговорка не все коту творог, надо бы и мордой об порог

подробности скандала в благородном семействе - от Guardian: New Yorkers respond to lawyer's racist rant with 'Latin party' outside his house

Hi Twitter world, I hear you. I even agree with you and always have on this: racism is indefensible. I’m sorry that I came across as defending Aaron Schlossberg. That wasn’t my intent, because I do not and never have defended his actions. I apologize. - Julia Ioffe
more on Schlossberg affair

upd 5/22: Racist lawyer Aaron Schlossberg apologizes for insulting Spanish speakers after restaurant video goes viral

No comments: