Sunday, February 16, 2020

fattening frogs for snakes

It took me a long time, to find out my mistakes
Took me a long time, to find out my mistakes
(It sho' did man)
But I bet you my bottom dollar, I'm not fattenin' no more frogs for snakes.

- Sonny Boy Williamson Fattening frogs for snakes [youtube]
What it really means is: Example: A pretty girl in a bar(frog) who has a boyfriend at home (snake) and there's a guy at the bar buying her drink after drink (fattening) in hopes of taking her home with him, but when the bar closes she goes home to her man. Hence: Fattening the frog for the snake.
- answers.yahoo.com
This quote crossed my mind today because as women, we can can put so much time, care and concern into a man to build his ego and status. Sometimes all that effort is later afforded to another woman leaving youlike a baker without a taste.
- SouthernBee

No comments: